Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Terrible Two, Tiresome Three and then there's Flippin' FOUR!!!

As a new mom I received a lot of advice from other mothers regarding everything from how long to nurse, which bottles were best, stomach or back to sleep and the best brand of diapers to buy. There was welcome advice and the advice that you just nod and smile and think "would you mind just shutting the hell up?" and so...not all advice was appreciated but...the advice that WOULD have been appreciated would have been "Hey have you heard that after the terrible twos and threes there is this entirely different and horrible and nightmarish phase called the friggin' FOURS?" Now, that would have been something good to know!
Somewhere along the line these little beings that are dependent on you for every last little thing suddenly decide they are completely I-N-D-E-P-E-N-D-E-N-T and God can only help you should you get in their way, tell them no or much worse that it is time for bed!
Nicholas has been gearing up for his big fourth year now for a bit so he has been easing me into the pain of it all and truthfully I am already beginning to find more grey hair. Rather than plucking them I have resorted to ripping much of my hair out (I lied honey...all that hair you find in the bathroom isn't because I'm getting old or because of hormones as I age. It isn't really falling out, I've ripped it all out). Kidding but in all seriousness I have resorted to begging my fantabulous mother-in-law to take Nick and Danny at least one weekend day/night per month so Dan and I can regain our composure as parents. I have NO idea what I would do without her eager willingness to help.
Every last thing is a battle from eating vegetables to going to bed. Every toy has to go on the counter or some other high location so that "Danny can't get it". There is NO sharing, there is NO reasoning and trying to convince Nick it is a good idea to eat supper is completely irrational.
I think the only thing that saves the boys life is that on some weekends when Danny goes down for a nap I can convince (bribe) Nick to lay down with me and read, sing and possibly even nap for an hour or so. It's heavenly and when I can watch his angelic little face while he sleeps I am reminded that I truly love his spirit and his craziness. Apparently when boys turn eight some of this will stop...only FOUR more years to go. Dear Lord help me!

Nicholas now that you are four:
You love all things Cars
You love to go in the pool but only on the top steps and love to splash your sisters
You love old cars and tractors and work trucks, "snorts" and bulldozers
You love to build with your Dad and cannot stand if he goes into the garage without you
You love "your" green truck and every chance you can get you will "take a ride"
You are beginning to share certain things with Danny
Danny is getting big enough to get mad at you and tries to pull you around
You love chocolate milk, yogurt, chicken, shrimp and bell peppers
You love spicy food and will eat it like it doesn't phase you
You love to be tucked in tight at night "like a burrito"
You follow your sisters everywhere they go and when they have to go to other parents houses  you are sad and are always looking for them
You always talk about your sister Ryah
You are becoming more brave
You love to mow the lawn behind your Dad
You always give me a kiss but only if I ask and you don't kiss anyone but me (I love that)
You have the most amazing blue eyes but they are starting to get a little bit of green/brown around the pupil now.
You weigh 46lbs and wear 5T clothes
For your birthday dinner you wanted Hot Dogs, Corn Dogs, Shrimp, French Fries and a Spiderman cake and we had all of the above (no veggies)
You do NOT like to get your clothes wet in the rain, at the sink or any other way
You are very excited to go to school next year

I will be anxious to see how you have changed next year. Happy Birthday Bud!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Designs by Krista


Perez Party of Eight

Daniel

Daniel
The final addition

Nick

Nick
The Monster Man

Libby

Libby
The mischevious one

Morgan

Morgan
The story teller

Tori

Tori
The sensitive one

Maryah - The Champ

Maryah - The Champ
My amazing and beautiful daughter who I will miss every moment for the rest of my life

Wedded Bliss

Wedded Bliss
The wedding of my dreams to the man who lights my heart on fire every single day!

The Family

The Family
Perez Party of Eight