Friday, July 1, 2011

Ry Day Friday - "Dicks and Balls"

As I promised on Fridays I will share a new story about Maryah. I continue to think of many of the funny stories and this story in particular is one of my absolute favorites.

On a spring night just over two years ago Maryah had been upstairs in her bedroom. It was getting to be about 9:00 p.m. and Dan and I had gone to our room to watch an episode of The West Wing. Maryah text me from upstairs just to say "hi" and so after a few text messages back and forth I finally asked her what was "up" because she seemed a bit sad. She divulged that she had some hurt feelings over a boy and so I invited her to come down and "snuggems" with me (this is what we called snuggling from the time she was able to speak). A few moments later she was downstairs sitting in bed with Dan and me and we were talking about boys and how they get an extra dose of "dumb syndrome" genes that make them do "dumb" things to hurt girls feelings even though it's mostly non-intentional (if they only knew that "dumb MAN syndrome" is so much worse).

Anyway after a few laughs Maryah decided she was in need of some junk food therapy and her favorite junk food at the time was Dibs (you know the little pop in your mouth ice cream bon-bon type things). So...she gave Dad the sad puppy look and of course he was off to the store in seconds in hopes of helping our little girls heart mend through enormous amounts of chocolate and crap food!

When he returned he had several varieties of Dibs amongst other things like chips and chocolate (he SO totally understands the sweet/salty cravings). We all sat watching West Wing and eating Dibs when Maryah started laughing hysterically and snorting and rolling around attempting not to pee her pants. She finally caught a breath and stated "DICKS AND BALLS" and pointed to the Dibs. This is apparently what she and her friend (who shall remain nameless, cough, cough...Morgan C.) came up with for a name for the Dibs. Now, this is really funny mainly because my young teenage daughter was sitting in bed with her mother and step-father rolling around laughing as she is repeating the phrase "dicks and balls, dicks and balls...bahahhahahahahaha...dicks and balls!" Totally inappropriate for most conversations between parent and child but NOOOOOOO not in our house...it's all fair game and this particular night, knowing she needed cheering up made her laughter the sweetest thing I had ever heard.

To this day I will laugh hysterically when I see Dibs in the store...Dicks and Balls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Designs by Krista


Perez Party of Eight

Daniel

Daniel
The final addition

Nick

Nick
The Monster Man

Libby

Libby
The mischevious one

Morgan

Morgan
The story teller

Tori

Tori
The sensitive one

Maryah - The Champ

Maryah - The Champ
My amazing and beautiful daughter who I will miss every moment for the rest of my life

Wedded Bliss

Wedded Bliss
The wedding of my dreams to the man who lights my heart on fire every single day!

The Family

The Family
Perez Party of Eight