Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sleepless Nights and The Dukes of Hazard

I'm not sure if anyone has watched or enjoyed The Dukes of Hazard as a kid (or an adult). I did. I watched the show religiously and it was one of my favorites as a youngster.

Recently my husband purchased a new Smart phone. He loves gadgets and he LOVES ringtones. He has spent an unimaginable amount of time looking for the whistle theme from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...he finally found it and he is crazy excited to have this unique ringtone. Although he is a quiet and reserved kind of guy he sure does like to show his individuality in these simple little ways.

This leads me to The Dukes. Dan found a ringtone to use for his notifications, you know, like e-mails and text, etc. It's the horn from the General Lee (Bo and Luke Duke's car). As I said, if you ever watched you know exactly the horn I am referring to. When he first played it for me I thought "how cool" and "I love it". NOT ANYMORE!

I'm sure most of you know that computer generated e-mails from businesses all get sent in the middle of the night. Well...this is where the sleepless nights piece comes into play.

My darling husband has a really poor memory and although I have asked he forgets to turn his ringer down or off before he retires for the night.

So at 2:00, 3:00 and 4:00 a.m. when I am startled awake because Bo and Luke Duke are driving through my bedroom I curse him!

As a mother of many I generally wake up when one of their blankets falls to the floor so imagine my surprise to hear a car horn roaring through the silence of the night.

Dear Lord...one day I might have the opportunity to sleep through the night. Until then I dream of how when I am dead and gone my family might etch the words "Finally peace and quiet" on my tombstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Designs by Krista


Perez Party of Eight

Daniel

Daniel
The final addition

Nick

Nick
The Monster Man

Libby

Libby
The mischevious one

Morgan

Morgan
The story teller

Tori

Tori
The sensitive one

Maryah - The Champ

Maryah - The Champ
My amazing and beautiful daughter who I will miss every moment for the rest of my life

Wedded Bliss

Wedded Bliss
The wedding of my dreams to the man who lights my heart on fire every single day!

The Family

The Family
Perez Party of Eight