Monday, May 9, 2011

Dance Mania...Week Two

It is the start of week #2 of dance mania. Last week was two nights of pictures, eight+ costume changes, hair make-up all while children turned into the spawns of satan. Children in my family who NEVER whine were whining and crabby and tired and giving me the "why are you yelling at me" with tears in their eyes. Never mind I did not raise my voice, lose my mind or pull out one piece of hair the entire time. That does not mean that not one other mom or child wasn't doing just that and my children just decided to unjustly blame ME!

Saturday was six hours of rehearsal and the only thing that made the day for me is that my husband who I still owe...something I'm sure came to take the three year old off my hands so he wouldn't lose his ever loving mind in the auditorium and there would be one less mother in the nut ward this weekend! Oh! And I got to see Maryah's BFF when she came to show me her prom dress and fabulous shoes...


Then we were on to dance, dance, dance. Up first was Nicholas who actually did some of his dance rather than standing and staring out into the audience.


And Libby did her Hip Hop routine


And Tori did her tap routine...this is the only tutu shot I got and I'm rather bummed that we have a blurry face.

Can you see the enthusiasm here?! I mean c'mon...we're lovin' life this morning!!!

Then we have Morgan's Hip Hop routine.


And Tori's Hip Hop as well (are we getting excited yet?)


Then we have Mo's tap/jazz number


And lyrical


Finally the last picture I have (trust me there are more) and will share today is
Tori's Jazz




My disclaimer of course: I love my children with all my heart and would change their costumes fifteen times a day and watch their dance routines one hundred but... I will be on my knees in praise and thanks when the dance season has ended. I am EXHAUSTED!

3 comments:

  1. I am sending all the energy I can muster sis, good luck with the rest of the week! Love all the pics and can't wait to see the dvd. Give all the kiddos hugs and kisses...wish I could be there!
    Love<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, girl! I'm exhausted just thinking about it, don't know how you are actually DOING it!

    They all look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun pictures. I danced until I was about 15 at Nancy Raddatz and now my 2 boys and 3 nephews all dance there. We had pictures this week, dress rehersal this sunday and the full on show is next weekend. I love it and always will, but I'm ready to put the 2010-11 dance season behind me. Oh, and... boys' costume changes are prepping is SO much easier than girls. HOW DO YOU DO IT WOMAN???

    ReplyDelete

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Designs by Krista


Perez Party of Eight

Daniel

Daniel
The final addition

Nick

Nick
The Monster Man

Libby

Libby
The mischevious one

Morgan

Morgan
The story teller

Tori

Tori
The sensitive one

Maryah - The Champ

Maryah - The Champ
My amazing and beautiful daughter who I will miss every moment for the rest of my life

Wedded Bliss

Wedded Bliss
The wedding of my dreams to the man who lights my heart on fire every single day!

The Family

The Family
Perez Party of Eight