Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Happy Anniversary!!!

Today I am remembering my wedding day. Dan and I shared this amazing day outdoors at an apple orchard in Afton, MN. We were surrounded by some of the most amazing family and friends a couple could ask for and we joined our two families to make one big, crazy family. We now have six beautiful children, a happy home and more love than any one person could possibly deserve in their lifetime!

This marriage of ours has been a blessing from the start. There are so many things that could have kept us from finding each other at just the right time. You see back in junior high Dan and I knew each other as classmates. We never really "hung out" back then (Dan says I was a snob) but we knew each other. We went our seperate ways when the school closed and didn't see each other again. We both married other people in completely different circles of people from one another and we didn't even live in the same city. I divorced many years prior to Dan divorcing and as I like to put it, dug through a lot of dirt to find the gold. We should have never run into one another, we should have never crossed paths but we did and just like that it was so perfectly obvious that we were really brought together by divine intervention. We couldn't be more alike and we both share so many of the same likes, dislikes, hobbies and great love for family.

It's truly amazing to me that after so many years of asking God to show me someone who met all of my needs and desires and to believe for so long that it might never happen only to have it happen with such ease and so quickly.

Today I wish to brag about Dan and so I will share how he is truly the perfect husband (and I really do mean that):  He is loving, caring, compassionate, sincere, genuine, hard working, devoted to me and to our kids, motivated, sexy, strong, helpful, kind, gentle, sensitive, protective, responsible, reliable, dependable, persistant (in a good way), handsome, compromising, mature, funny, fun, spontaneous and SO much more. I am positive that there is not ONE quality that I hoped for in a husband that he does not posess. I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams and I thank GOD every single day for this gift.

I do cherish this man as the gift he is. He has walked with me through everything in my life whether it was joyful or sorrowful. He has celebrated with me and cried with me, held me up when I couldn't do it myself and then held the kids up by himself until I was able to do this with him again.

Ladies, I apologize for bragging but today I celebrate not only the day which we were married on but the day that I recieved the greatest gift of my life in marrying my very dearest friend and confidant.

Happy Anniversary Dan! Thank you for all you have given me, all you have taught me and all you do for me and for our children. You are truly one in a million and I am forever grateful for you.


2 comments:

  1. Made by, with, and in God! Bless you both today...and everyday! Love you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, Dan is all of that and more. I have never met anyone else like him. I'm so glad that you found each other. We are blessed to have both of you as our friends.

    ReplyDelete

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Designs by Krista


Perez Party of Eight

Daniel

Daniel
The final addition

Nick

Nick
The Monster Man

Libby

Libby
The mischevious one

Morgan

Morgan
The story teller

Tori

Tori
The sensitive one

Maryah - The Champ

Maryah - The Champ
My amazing and beautiful daughter who I will miss every moment for the rest of my life

Wedded Bliss

Wedded Bliss
The wedding of my dreams to the man who lights my heart on fire every single day!

The Family

The Family
Perez Party of Eight