Monday, November 5, 2012

But...I want to wave to you!

Inevitably the day will come when my two little guys won't feel the need to wave to me any longer. This morning as Nick and Libby were walking down the driveway and off to the school bus my heart sank. Nick asked just before they left if I would wave to him when he left. He asks me this every morning and every morning my answer is the same, "of course!". It's the absolute best part of my day when Nick wants to wave.

As he stopped every five feet to look back and wave to me, blow me an occasional kiss, my eyes were welling up. I couldn't help but to remember that this will end some day soon and he'll be running down the driveway, hopping in the car and taking off with his buddies or worse yet, his girl friend!

Danny and Nick came later in my life and I can't tell you just how much I appreciate the little things such as hugs, waves, blowing kisses and the need for a hug that will fix every boo boo. All of our kids are Daddy's except Danny who seems to have clung to me (for a bit anyway). It's the best feeling in the world when your little ones want "mama do it". Of course it can be horribly damn irritating also when they refuse to let any one touch them or help them and scream in fits of tantrum until "mama do it". Even then I don't wish for them to grow up or out of these sweet times.

I have ranted and raved about my boys and how...well...absolutely freaking horrible they can be. They can drive me to wish for bed time three hours early and want to run from the house, drive away and scream my brains out. They fight, they nit pick, they bicker, they are gross, they pick their nose, the older one pees on the toilet, the younger one refuses to pee anywhere but his diaper. They are GROSS! They are dirty, they are noisy, they are mess making trolls!

The moment they ask me for a second hug or Danny wants to hold my hand or cuddle with me it's all gone. All of the horrendous behavior is gone, just like that. The magic of children. God made us forget the pain of labor, the horrible behavior the messes and the fighting just for moments like this so he could show us just how blessed we are.

My guys are pretty awesome and I am one blessed mama!


Can't wait for school to be over so I can wave!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rach...so perfectly said! It all goes by so fast and makes my heart ache for those days when Dorian clung to me only!
    Thanks for writing, please do more of it because it makes me smile with everything in my being. Mom would be so proud of all you are, and especially because you write as beautifully as she did! <3

    ReplyDelete

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Designs by Krista


Perez Party of Eight

Daniel

Daniel
The final addition

Nick

Nick
The Monster Man

Libby

Libby
The mischevious one

Morgan

Morgan
The story teller

Tori

Tori
The sensitive one

Maryah - The Champ

Maryah - The Champ
My amazing and beautiful daughter who I will miss every moment for the rest of my life

Wedded Bliss

Wedded Bliss
The wedding of my dreams to the man who lights my heart on fire every single day!

The Family

The Family
Perez Party of Eight