Friday, January 27, 2012

Inspiration

Yes, I am here. On my blog. With nothing to write. I have had a block for a very long time. I can't seem to find anything that inspires me to write. There is that thing I call life but sometimes it just seems so crazy...all of it!

We have had several months of rearranging our family schedules. Kids that used to go to another parent for part of week no longer do, kids that still go to another parent are missed even more. The boys are growing and beginning to test my nerves at every turn. Work seems to be getting busier for me and slower for Dan which means more stress for and less money for the bills (Dan's work is production based).

Danny will be two in a month and a half and he is still refusing to talk using words just loud grunts, screams and pointing to things. I wonder if he will ever talk and by the way I've discovered he is completely pig headed! He bites and hits when he's pissed and he's smart as hell so he knows exactly what everyone is saying to him but whether he chooses to pay you any attention is a decision he has decided is only his own!

Nick will be joining the ranks of Kindergartners everywhere in the fall so we are filling out endless paperwork, getting ready for kindergarten informational nights at school and the unending questions of "will I have a backpack?" "will I take the bus?" "will I ride the bus with the girls?" "will I have a teacher?" and the fear that I have suddenly come into with my own questions of "will he finally learn to zipper his coat?", "will he remember to go to the bathroom and when he does will he piss all over everywhere like he does at home?" "will he run his mouth non-stop in class all day and will they finally come and ask me to take him out of the school because he won't shut the hell up?" I've never had kindergarten anxiety with any of my kids but suddenly when Nick is about to go? I'm freaked right the hell out!

The girls are all seemingly getting along well but you know what happens when you think that's the case...there is underlying bitterness because one gets away with something the other doesn't think is fair. Parents are idiots and we don't treat one or the other fairly depending on what we have done for them that day. They are beginning to get into some of the things I would expect teen, tween, and pre-ad girls to get into...bickering, snide remarks under their breath or written in a journal, accusations of how parents are horrible and just don't know how they feel and make all kinds of UNFAIR ASSUMPTIONS! I truly think they must think we (parents) are the dumbest assholes on Earth. On the good side they seem to be learning (at least somewhat) that they are expected to clean up after themselves, help out around the house and at least act like they give a damn about anything. However, I am still unsure how one human being can spend several hours cleaning and organizing a bedroom only to turn it in to a post-hurricane disaster within 24 hours after said cleaning spree! OMG! It makes me want to dig my eyeballs out with a rusty spoon!

Marriage is a daily challenge just in trying to stay awake past 9:00 p.m. to engage in conversation. Dates when you have five kids are few and far in between and it's always a challenge to have any type of exchange of thoughts/words when the boys are around because it's like a non-stop wrestling match or roller derby going on around you at all times.

I used to be one of those moms that needed to clean my house regularly, pick up everything so it was neat and tidy every night. This included vacuuming, sweeping, cleaning toilets, etc....HELL NO! Who in their right mind has time for that shit? I can barely keep up cooking and cleaning the kitchen and remembering to feed/water the dog (although the kids are slowly remembering that she is their dog too and they even feed her once in awhile).

Such is life right? It will never be easy and no one ever promised fair. I don't expect that it wil get easier before it gets a little bit harder! So until a time when I miss the kids, the noise, the messes, the laughter, the craziness sorely I will put a smile on daily, thank my lucky stars that I am so blessed and keep trying to find inspiration in the craziness to write.

I'm still stuck in my book writing mode: You Can't Make This Shit Up!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh thank you, thank you!! I love your stories, and as usual your humor. Take that daily inspiration - whether good or not so good, and keep writing! You are brilliant as always!

    ReplyDelete

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Designs by Krista


Perez Party of Eight

Daniel

Daniel
The final addition

Nick

Nick
The Monster Man

Libby

Libby
The mischevious one

Morgan

Morgan
The story teller

Tori

Tori
The sensitive one

Maryah - The Champ

Maryah - The Champ
My amazing and beautiful daughter who I will miss every moment for the rest of my life

Wedded Bliss

Wedded Bliss
The wedding of my dreams to the man who lights my heart on fire every single day!

The Family

The Family
Perez Party of Eight