Monday, April 11, 2011

You Can't Make This Shit Up!

The past few years of my life I have been "journaling" in a very different format. I have been updating my eldest daughter's Caring Bridge web page. Maryah battled Ewings Sarcoma, a rare bone cancer, for just over six years. She was diagnosed by her pediatrician January 5, 2004 when she was just nine years old. Maryah won her battle with cancer a week after her sixteenth birthday and she passed away in my arms on the morning of May 15, 2010. The journaling wasn't the same. It was too hard to continue to be "proper" and full of the age old cliche's which everyone expects from a parent with a child who has passed. 


I have been threatening to write a book for years and I swore to baby Jesus that the name of my book would be "You Can't Make This Shit Up!" That is what my life has been from a young age on...you simply can't make this shit up...the good, the bad and the random (as a dear friend/sister and fellow blogger says). 


I am greatly satisfied to have finally joined the world of blogging after long months of contemplation. I am equally as satisfied that I put together some random template that is a little cheesy (after seeing the quality designs that are out there) and that I haven't ripped my hair out, had an anxiety attack or a small fit because I started posting before having this shit exactly as I want it. I am a bit of a control freak and possibly have a tish of OCD. Not sure, but I think it's possible.


I think it's going to be a hell of a lot of fun to be real, to be myself and to blog on the things that happen in my day-to-day life without having to make sure I am being politically correct because 1000 people a day from all over the world, whom I don't even know are reading and judging my every word. I can swear, I can talk about the realities of life as a mom of all these friggen kids and the wife to a god damn perfect husband...he makes me sort of ill some days!


There is so much more to come and I cannot wait to share and to continue reading blogs of other fun moms I know and have found in this fantastic world of blogging. 


So...here is where we begin. To follow or not to follow...I hope you come along for the ride. It's bound to give you some laughs!



5 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!!!! I'm so excited that you finally decided to do this! I think you are amazing in so many ways and you truly have a gift for writing!
    Love you and remember this is yours....have fun and totally be your stupid self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my God! Finally...and I'm so happy that you are being true to the crazy sister I know and love! Can't wait to keep reading, as your stories always make me smile and sometimes pee!!
    Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE THIS!! Thanks for sharing - your thoughts, words and every emotion along the way! I love that you are continuing to write, you have done an amazing job at it with Ry's CB site so I am looking forward to this and the laughs, possible tears and guaranteed gut aches that are to come!! SO PROUD TO CALL YOU MY FRIEND! LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you through Nikki...I love you already and just want to give you a non creepy cyber hug...your daughter was and still is, an amazing soul!

    Looking forward to following your blog...Never a dull moment in parenting! XO

    ReplyDelete

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs
Elements by Designs by Krista


Perez Party of Eight

Daniel

Daniel
The final addition

Nick

Nick
The Monster Man

Libby

Libby
The mischevious one

Morgan

Morgan
The story teller

Tori

Tori
The sensitive one

Maryah - The Champ

Maryah - The Champ
My amazing and beautiful daughter who I will miss every moment for the rest of my life

Wedded Bliss

Wedded Bliss
The wedding of my dreams to the man who lights my heart on fire every single day!

The Family

The Family
Perez Party of Eight